יום ג׳, 18 באוק׳|
The Bartali - Youth in Movement Gravel Tour
Join us this coming October on a journey of a lifetime, in support of Bartali - Youth in Movement
18 באוק׳ 2022, 08:30 GMT+3 – 23 באוק׳ 2022, 17:00 GMT+3
The Bartali - Youth in Movement Gravel Tour is a unique charity ride from the north of Israel to Jerusalem that gathers cycling enthusiasts from all over the world to ride and raise funds to support Bartali - Youth in Movement educational programs around Israel.
About the Bartali Youth in Movement educational programs:
Bartali - Youth in Movement (NGO) operates a network of cycling centers for at-risk students in youth villages and welfare boarding facilities around Israel.
The organization leverages the passion for cycling towards empowering youth, developing self-responsibility, resilience, perseverance, and determination.
The strenuous physical movement on the bike equips the students with the right tools to overcome formidable obstacles, strive for a better future and pave their way toward social mobility.
Through this charity ride, you will be able to experience incredible gravel roads along some of Israel’s most beautiful scenery. You'll get to visit Bartali - Youth in Movement's cycling centers, get an inside view into our educational work, share some memorable journeys on the bike with the students and make a significant impact on the lives of some amazing Israeli youth.
Currently, we operate in 9 locations around Israel: Ben Shemen, Mevo’ot Yam, Ramat Hadassah, Alonei Yitzchak, Ayanot, Nahalal, Malkishua, Ahava and Shaab for a total of 300 participants.
The money you raise by participating in the event will be used for:
- Opening 3 new youth cycling centers in the coming school year
- Establishing additional 6 youth groups
- Purchasing 60 professional mountain bikes & cycling kits for our participants
The event is limited to 80 participants. Registration ends on September 1st, 2022.
October 18, Tuesday - Upper Galilee
The first day of the event will begin with a welcome reception in Tel Aviv, followed by a drive up to the Upper Galilee, and a “Warm-Up” gravel ride along the Jordan river, and an introduction presentation to Bartali - Youth in Movement programs.
October 19, Wednesday - Mount Hermon and the Golan Heights
This day is about climbing to the highest peak but also about descending through the rolling roads of the Golan Heights, including guided visits to some of Israel’s most important memorial sites.
October 20, Thursday - Sea of Galilee to Mount Gilboa
This day starts with a ride from the Sea of Galilee through the Jordan Valley and a big climb to the Bartali cycling center at Malkishua Youth Rehabilitation Village atop Mount Gilboa. Towards the end of the day, we will descend back to the valley and take a refreshing dip in a natural spring.
October 21, Friday - Yizrael Valley & Jerusalem
This day Includes a fast crossing of the Yizrael Valley, followed by a visit to the Bartali cycling center at the Ramat Hadassah Youth Village. We will then drive to Jerusalem and stay there for Shabbat.
October 22, Saturday - Jerusalem
Optional ride - for non-Kosher riders
*Jerusalem Finishers Night Out
October 23, Sunday - Jerusalem to Ben Shemen Youth Village
Ride together with youth from Bartali – Youth in Movement’s programs and join us in the Finishers ceremony.
Bartali - Youth in Movement Gravel Tour welcomes riders of all levels. You will ride in one of three guided groups according to your experience and ability:
· Level 1 - Low Key: 2.5-3 hours of daily rides, mild climbs, and descents
· Level 2 - Intermediate: 3-4 hours with some climbs and descents
· Level 3 - Advanced: 4-6 hours with challenging climbs and descents
The tour will be led and supported by professional instructors and mechanics from the Bartali - Youth in Movement staff and young trainees.
When planning the Bartali - Youth in Movement Gravel Tour, we envisioned a ride that would enable riders from all levels to discover the beauty of the Israeli outdoors as we know it, while avoiding the risks of riding on busy roads.
The traffic in Israel is very hectic and many drivers are not attuned to cyclists' safety. Gravel roads are therefore much safer. You can be relaxed and enjoy the cycling experience a lot more. In General, Gravel is considered to be less focused on the “Finish Line” and more about the journey itself, which is the exact philosophy of Bartali - Youth in Movement in general.
While we won’t be able to avoid riding on roads entirely, we have made the maximum effort to choose a balanced route that can accommodate riders at almost every level.
We highly recommend that road riders with little or no off-road experience try gravel riding ahead of the event to be better prepared.
Participants may ride gravel or mountain bikes and we highly recommend that you bring your own.
Rental of MTB and E-MTB will be possible.
Full board, 4-star hotels, based on double occupancy
Full logistical support: before, during, and after rides
Pick-up/drop-off: Tel Aviv
*Single occupancy is possible
The event will follow the latest covid-19 protocol issued at the time by the Israeli authorities, up to date information will be issued to the participants closer to the event.
Registration Fee & Donations:
The Bartali - Youth in Movement Gravel Tour is a fundraising ride with the goal of supporting “Bartali - Youth in Movement '' programs in their different locations around Israel.
· Registration to the event includes an entry fee of USD $950 in donation to Bartali - Youth in Movement. Registration and initial donation must be completed before September 1, 2022.
· In addition to the entry fee, each rider must make a commitment to raise another USD $3,600 or more by October 1, 2022, in donations to “Bartali - Youth in Movement”. A personal fundraising page is available for you to set up once you register.
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations from the country your sponsors select. Any shortfall in the fundraising requirement must be covered by the cyclist to participate in the event.
The participation package includes:
· 5 fully-supported cycling routes.
· 5 nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy (single rooms are available at additional cost)
· all meals, post-ride activities, snacks
· Bartali - Youth in Movement kit: cycling Jersey, gloves and socks, cap, polo shirt.
· Group activities following each ride: visit of a local Winery, guided tours of Israel’s most important memorial sites an inspiring meeting with Bartali - Youth in Movement's staff, guided tours of the youth villages in which Bartali - Youth in Movement operates and an extraordinary finishers celebration with the participation of all the members of Bartali - Youth in Movement's programs.
The package does not include flights and arrival to and from Tel Aviv.